Kybella-Treatment For Submental Fullness, Or Double Chin
Improve your chin profile right here in the office
What is submental fullness?
Submentall fullness, sometimes referred to as “double chin”, is a common yet undertreated facial aesthetic condition that can impact a broad range of adults, including both women and men. Causes may include:
- Aging: It may naturally develop as you age
- Genetics: Simply said, it may be part of your DNA
- Weight gain: It may be a result of gaining weight
Sometimes, no matter how much you diet or exercise, the condition may not go away, and can make you look older and heavier than you actually are.
What is Kybella?
- Kybella is the first and only FDA-approved nonsurgical treatment that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness
- Is a non-surgical, 15-20 minute in-office treatment session
- Is customized to help you achieve your treatment goals
- Destroys fat cells when injected into the fat beneath your chin.
How does Kybella work?
Kybella is a naturally-occurring molecule in the body (deoxycholic acid) that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
When injected into the fat beneath your chin, Kybella causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
How many treatments will I need?
- Many patients treated with Kybella experience visible contouring of their chin profile in 2 to 4 treatments. Some people require up to 6 treatments in order to achieve results. Once your chin profile has improved, you may not need to be treated with Kybella again.
Is there downtime?
- For most patients, downtime was minimal and occurred most commonly after the first treatment session.
Will I experience any side effects?
- The most common side effects are swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness and formation of small areas of firmness around the treatment area.
- Apply ice or a cold pack to the treatment area for 10 to 15 minutes if any side effects bother you.
*Recovery time and experiences may vary
Contact us today for your free personalized consultation.