There are many common aesthetic concerns that bother us with age. Some of these include sun damage, fine lines, stretch marks, and even surgical or acne scars. These bothersome aesthetic conditions can be difficult to improve with other solutions but, with our Icon™ laser technology, we can improve your skin quickly and easily. In just a few short treatment sessions you will see results in both the tone and texture of your skin, leaving you with the skin you’ve been wanting.
- 1 Before and After Photos
- 2 Procedure
- 3 Expectations
- 4 Post Treatment Instructions
- 5 FAQ
- 5.1 WHAT TYPES OF SCARS CAN BE TREATED?
- 5.2 WHAT TYPES OF STRETCH MARKS CAN BE TREATED?
- 5.3 AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE?
- 5.4 WHAT TYPE OF RESULT CAN I EXPECT?
- 5.5 HOW LONG DOES THE TREATMENT TAKE?
- 5.6 WHAT DOES THE TREATMENT FEEL LIKE?
- 5.7 HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
- 5.8 HOW FAR APART ARE TREATMENT SESSIONS?
- 5.9 HOW MUCH DOES THE TREATMENT COST?
- 5.10 HOW DOES IT WORK?
- 5.11 HOW QUICKLY WILL I RECOVER?
- 5.12 ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
Before and After Photos
Icon™ utilizes fractional laser technology to deliver specialized pulses of energy into your skin and target your unwanted pigment, wrinkles, stretch marks, or scars without causing harm to the surrounding skin. Once the energy is absorbed into the skin your body’s natural healing process will begin creating new, healthy skin in the area that was treated. Over the next few weeks, you will see continued improvement in both the coloration and smoothness of your skin.
Depending on the size of the area being treated, sessions typically take less than 30 minutes. First, you will be provided with eye shields to protect yourself from the laser during treatment. The treatment will begin with the provider guiding the Icon™ handpiece over the treatment area. During this, the laser will deliver energy to your skin. Depending on the care option we select, you may feel nothing during treatment or mild discomfort. Post-treatment instructions will be provided to manage pain if necessary. You may also experience some redness and/or swelling a few days after at the treatment site but this typically resolves by the third day. Follow-up treatment sessions should be scheduled 3-6 weeks apart if needed.
If you are a laser skin renewal patient, please be aware of the following:
- Remove all make-up and lotions at the treatment site prior to the treatment.
- At least 4 weeks prior to your appointment, discontinue unprotected sun exposure, tanning beds, and tanning creams on the areas receiving treatment.
Post Treatment Instructions
- Immediately after the treatment, redness, swelling, and/or brown debris at the surface of the skin is common and typically lasts 2-24 hours but could last up to 3- 5 days in some cases.
- Gentle cleansing and use of non-irritating cosmetics are permitted after treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure on the treated area and use a sunscreen SPF 45 or greater at all times throughout the course of treatment.
*Recovery time and experiences may vary
WHAT TYPES OF SCARS CAN BE TREATED?
Icon™ is designed to treat surgical and acne scars on any area of the body, including the face.
WHAT TYPES OF STRETCH MARKS CAN BE TREATED?
Icon™ is designed to treat stretch marks caused by pregnancy, weight gain, and body changes due to puberty.
AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE?
Icon™ can be safely used on most skin types. During your consultation, we will determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure based on a variety of factors.
WHAT TYPE OF RESULT CAN I EXPECT?
You can expect to see an improved appearance of your skin tone and texture over the first 6 weeks after your treatment.
HOW LONG DOES THE TREATMENT TAKE?
This is dependent on the size of the area and the condition being treated, however, most sessions take no longer than 30 minutes.
WHAT DOES THE TREATMENT FEEL LIKE?
Most people feel mild discomfort during the treatment but speak to your provider regarding pain management options.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
Depending on the condition being treated 1-3 treatment sessions are recommended for skin renewal and 3-5+ sessions are recommended for stretch marks and scars.
HOW FAR APART ARE TREATMENT SESSIONS?
Treatment sessions should be scheduled 3-6 weeks apart.
HOW MUCH DOES THE TREATMENT COST?
Treatment costs vary depending on the size of the area and the condition being treated.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Pulses of fractional laser light are used to break down old and damaged tissue, triggering your body to create new tissue in the area being treated. This new tissue will provide healthier skin that’s more even in both color and texture.
HOW QUICKLY WILL I RECOVER?
Typically, you can resume regular daily activities on the same day as your treatment. If a more aggressive treatment is performed you may require a couple of days of healing.
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
Immediately after the treatment, redness, swelling, and/or brown debris at the surface of the skin is common and typically lasts 2-24 hours but could last up to 3-5 days in some cases. We will discuss any other possible side effects and the necessary post-treatment care with you during the consultation.